Film Summary CCXXXVII (The Robot vs. the Aztec Mummy)

oh my God the Aztecs built the aliens. Or is it the other way around? I can never remember how these conspiracy theories / alternative history goes.

So by all accounts this movie is horrible. It's badly edited the story makes no sense and it takes its sweet time to do anything. And yet despite all that I would recommend this to everyone. There's something so captivating about its ridiculous unrealized story.
Get a grupe of people together, have a couple of drinks, maybe have some chips and popcorn. And add this to your horrible B-movie list.

It's a Mexican movie with bad American English overdubbed. which I should have got before I started watching the film. What American Film company in the 1950s would make a movie about the Aztec mummies?

Also you got your Egyptian in my Aztec. Well you got your Aztec in my Egyptian. For some reason this movie tells us that two cultures were one in the same. That's another alternative history. This whole idea that the two cultures were connected at some point, which I'm sorry to say they weren't. there's no evidence of either of them ever traveling over that vast ocean to meet one another.

So a scientist man did an experiment on his daughter where he put her into a hypnotic trance and sent her brain back in time to see wher the Aztecs buried their ancient gold after sacrificing a woman to their Moon God. (Okay I don't know if it's a moon God but who could be bothered.)
I think it's supposed to be Tezcatlipoca ''The Universal Power''. But this movie clearly doesn't give two craps about actual history or what the Aztecs actually did. So why should I?
While in the pyramid they stumble across, the mommy! Who chases them away in a fit of blind rage.

What are they to do? How do you defend yourself against the mummy? Remember what happened when Christopher Lee was the mummy? It didn't end well.
I can't remember if that was Vincent Price or Peter Cushing who starred in that mummy movie. I guess it really doesn't matter, neither of them are anywhere near this thing.

Okay I guess this guy's a Mummy vampire? Because apparently using a cross can repel the damn thing. Good to know the Christian God(particularly Roman Catholic given the crucifix) will defend you in a land that never even heard of him. I think this movie is becoming the rainbow of monster flicks, if you can think of a monster or stereotype it'll be in this film.

This is a sequel to something. There's some guy named 'The Bat'* that I've never heard of.

I knew that Batman was no good, He's all heroism down there in USA but wen he goes over to Mexico he becomes a bastard. That figures, that rich assholes trying to take advantage of all the Mexican people. Maybe he runs a drug cartel.

Maybe Lex Luthor is a good guy down there. Like he's the saint of all the poor and does everything in his power to make sure their lives are better. I don't think that's the case. I'm pretty sure Lex Luthor's a jerk down there too. But what are you to do? The robot still hasn't shown up in the movie yet. And I'm already talking about things that have nothing to do with a damn picture.

And then the mummy picked up The-Bat who was actually a doctor-evil villain and threw him into a vat full of cobras.
Somehow the Doctor, Who was The Bat escapes from the pit of cobras via a back door. Now he decides to use mind powers to get the daughter of the other scientists to willingly come out to his car with his monster Buddies.
Now the hypnotize daughter must leave the doctor to the ancient graveyard in search of the mummy.

Now we cut to ''The-Bat'' in his Frankenstein lab. Creating his human robot so that he may destroy the mummy. And it is the most glorious scene in all of cinematic history. I know I've said that before about many a film. But this is greater still, this is the 'king of kings', the Sultan of Sultans, Khan of khans The Shahanshah!!
God I love this robot. He's the derpiest thing that's ever been seen on screen.

I also feel sorry for the one drunk man who got in the robots way before he got to The Mummy. The poor guy just get zapped in the face.

*Or maybe it is like Vincent Price. After all he was in that 'The Bat' movie.

**If I'm complaining about the English quality you know it's bad.


Comments