Film Summary DXXX (Fatal Justice)



The poster gets worse and worse the more I look at it. The overall style is just weird and I swear the left-arm on that girl looks like it was traced off of a male poster. Perhaps I'm wrong on that but it still seems a bit uncanny to me. Like that arm and her torso just don't mix. Then again nothing on this poster looks like it mixes. And it becomes all the more infuriating when you realize none of that in the movie. Another misleading poster for another subpar flick

This is one of those films that you only buy because of the box cover. Or my case a movie poster that's actually the box cover pretending to be a movie poster. It's certainly never pick this thing up because you wanted a coherent entertaining story or because you're expecting a high cinematic experience. It's just one of those middle of the road semi action films that has attractive women running around either causing action or getting half-naked. In a way it's kind of a useless film. And it got me thinking.
Why do so many of these films exist? Some would argue for the cheap money to stack on a VHS shelf, hope to God that someone picks it up.
But the people making this film clearly already had some money to their name. They had a couple of cameras, they knew how to direct people in such a way that they felt cinematic when on set and they could even afford a freaking helicopter.
So they're not dirt-poor nobody's with absolutely nothing to their name and nothing to lose.

Clearly they have to make a buck in order to succeed. And you have to go on to make another generic action film that does absolutely nothing. Just a group of people assassinating other people and then running away from the cops or some other form of authority. What the same my new dialogue and disinterested betrayal stories.
Is it the ego? People that attempt to make something they think is going to be art but just becomes another mindless box of entertainment to stand on a Shelf with a thousand other movies.

The box art itself is a lie. At no point in the movie do we have a half naked woman holding a giant submachine gun with two rows of ammunition on her shoulders like Rambo running through the forest and gunning down thousands of enemies. 
Heck why not go for that type of movie? You said it in the forest you pretty much steel the story of the original First Blood.
Only with a distraught battle written woman instead. You could go for a fun story with that. Although guessing by the time frame and how these people operate, they probably just make some disgusting film where said woman would be the victim of all kinds of sexual assault and then would go on a killing spree. Because that's what these movies are always like. All right I take it back let's not rip-off Rambo maybe we shouldn't rip off any of these films.

It's an all-around disappointing film. We don't get to see some veteran woman running around shooting guys, we don't even get all that much of fighting. There's a few Highway scenes of people driving cars and chasing each other and the occasional gun fight but there's just no creativity or fun put into any of it. 
It's your middle of the road boring action flick and it makes no sense to buy or watch considering there's movies like 'GI Jane' or the aforementioned 'First Blood' films. 
There's just so many other options for better films. I didn't even watch this thing properly. I started the skim through it because the acting was atrocious and they had this horrible CGI explosion that was completely pointless to use because it was supposed to take place behind a train.

I just thought of it, I know what I would have done with a movie like this. 
They have this set up towards the beginning of the movie where these two agents are talking to each other about another assassination attempt. There's one guy who very clearly wants to get promoted and is a bit more bloodthirsty in his work ethic. 
So he keeps telling the other guy that they should just send more men to do more killings and not inform any of their agents of who the people even are. 
And it starts this whole diatribe with the two guys to get at each other's throats.
You know that there's bad tension between them. 
You could have an internal story of betrayal and subterfuge as this strange organization falls apart because of the greediness and incompetence of its own agents. 
It would cost half the amount of money to make and wouldn't even need a lot of fancy camera tricks Pier. 
You just need a halfway decent script and a decent director for your actors. And I can tell you right now that there's plenty of people out there that can write good dramatic stories if you only gave him a chance. Unfortunately most of them get relegated to working in a coffee shop or some other profession that has nothing to do with their creative passion.

And now I think I'm getting really off track and trying to implement a story that clearly could never be especially in a cheap in different film like this. I guess I can dream.

I just hope that all the cameraman and actors and people working on this film got an okay paycheck. I can't say good cuz I doubt that. But I hope none of them are starving why'll they had to make this thing.

Comments