Film Summary DCCCXXX (The Matrix Resurrections)




So I recently Marathoned the entire Matrix franchise. The first three films and a fair bit of the animated Matrix as well. 
It was a pretty good time. 
I found myself liking the original Matrix movie more than I have at any other point in my life. I even enjoyed the other two films despite some of their flaws. 

I was hoping so much that I was going to enjoy the Matrix Resurrection as well. 

Like, I wanted to go against the grain and really enjoy this film. To be in conflict with all the negative reviews I'd seen. 

But unfortunately I too did not care for this. 

It looks bad, it's filmed bad. But above all else; It's just really really boring. 

Part of me wants to go into detail about why this movie sucks. But there's already reviews for that and honestly this movie doesn't deserve it. 
It doesn't deserve my time or effort, because it didn't give me any effort of its own. 
It's one of the worst things I've unfortunately seen. It was embarrassing, boring, badly written and uninspired. 
I think I'd honestly watch ''Die Hard 5'' above this. And I loathe that film. 

And to the people out there who like this movie. 

I envy you. 
I truly do. 

I really wanted to enjoy this. 
I was hoping for something unexpected, inspiring, strange and confusing and all I got was dribble with a slight illusion of the unforeseen.

*I kind of like X-Men Origins Wolverine. It's not all that good either but it's entertaining.

Comments